In May of 2012, the 3i Summit on Sustainability saw over 20 partner organizations and 200 participants address 30 initiatives to achieve three outcomes to help realize Ottawa’s substantial potential to become an environmentally sustainable city:
- Innovate to build a stronger sustainable infrastructure for Ottawa,
- Interact through Sustainable Forums to strengthen cross-sector ties and relationships, and
- Initiate a set of targeted Community Impact Projects that substantively enhance Ottawa’s capacity to bring about a more vibrant, resilient and ecologically positive future
In May 2013, we followed up with 3i Springboard to continue the vision, passion, and momentum. Click here2013-05-14-3i-all-profiles to read updates on 20 3i projects.
1. Let’s CELEBRATE with updates from some of the many environmental initiatives that have moved forward since the 3i Summit. We think people will be amazed at how far we’ve come.
2. Let’s EXPAND by hearing about some new projects/ initiatives, followed by the Green Lottery where each of the four names drawn will allocate a contribution of $250 from 3i to the new project/initiative of their choosing.
3. Let’s COMMUNICATE ideas through the Fall Forward ‘Mix and Mingle’ about the next BIG THING that will help us boost progress on environmental sustainability in Ottawa.
Join us and strengthen your bonds with the many committed people, passionate about a greener, more vibrant, more sustainable and more ecologically-sensitive City! Space is limited, so please register today! Register here: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e9jqapuf74d41900&llr=o546abdab
WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING OFFERS/REQUESTS FROM ENVIRONMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS, COMMUNITY EFFORTS/ACTIVISTS, SOCIAL ENTERPRISES AND OTHERS WHO WISH TO MAKE 90 SECOND ELEVATOR PITCHES GIVING AN UPDATE, OR PRESENTING A NEW PROJECT/INITIATIVE THEY ARE WORKING ON.
To bring the 3i process into play to boost collaboration in another sector, please consult us at info [at] 3isummit [dot] com.